跳至

首頁

尾頁

大宅

積分: 1831

1#
發表於 04-7-29 15:36 |只看該作者

DSLR user - Sigma 18-125mm

This new lens 18mm-125mm..(28mm-200mm).. For people need to carry many baby/kids stuff, this really can save our life, no need to carry other lens and more important no need to replace lens..

REVIEW

別墅

積分: 681

2#
發表於 04-7-29 16:02 |只看該作者

Re: DSLR user - Sigma 18-125mm

Dom,

Long time no talk! How's your baby?

Yes, the Sigma 18-125mm is quite attractive especially considering its range and also the weight. I may need to buy another standard zoom as i may need to give back my 24-85mm to my brother (i have poisoned my brother to buy a 300D too).

However, after tried the Tamron one, i have hestiation to buy another 3rd party len. So, my second choice may be a 28-135mm IS USM but it is much more expensive than a 24-85mm USM or 28-105mm USM.

BTW, did i tell you that my wife has opened a shop sellling baby's clothes in Central? You should come and visit us if you are available. If budget permit, i also planning to set up a small studio in the shop for taking photos for baby for some fun!!!!!

別墅

3#
發表於 04-7-29 16:03 |只看該作者

BTW,

<----- That's not Chichi. He just a friend of Chichi and i am testing the photo for him.

大宅

4#
發表於 04-7-29 18:07 |只看該作者

Hi Mcben,

Long time no talk!

I really thoughg the pic on the left is your lovely Chichi tim... hahahaha.. And your wife became a "Nou-Pan-Leung", Congts!!!! Tell me the address, if available will come to see see!

My baby is so far so good lar, quite funny to bring him to swim..., but these days got little fever..

About 3rd party lens, you didn't satisfy with the speed (Sorry I forgot the reason). ? If yes, compare to the kit-lens (no USM), any big different..

This lens is attractive to me (but it got little low-light problem at corners).. using 50mm F1.4 (I still like this one the most) and 18-125mm for day trip are good enough for me!

大宅

積分: 1689

5#
發表於 04-7-30 11:04 |只看該作者

mcben,

How are you? I have 28-135mm IS USM and I haven't use it for a long time after I have 24-70mm L USM

It's a good walk-around lens but the quality is not good as L lens. If you want to try it, I can lend it to you.

由 mcben 於 2004-07-29 16:02:12

However, after tried the Tamron one, i have hestiation to buy another 3rd party len. So, my second choice may be a 28-135mm IS USM but it is much more expensive than a 24-85mm USM or 28-105mm USM.

別墅

6#
發表於 04-7-30 11:15 |只看該作者

Hi All,

Dom,

I gave up the Tamron one as i don't really like the colour it produce. It tend to be a bit yellowish. Maybe this is just personal bias. It still worth a try as it got really high price/performance ratio considering its f/2.8.

My wife's shop is at Central, the address is Room 301, Lee Loong Building, No. 4 Queen Victoria Street. The street is just next to the old central market and should not be difficult to find. I will often be there on Sat with my baby, so just feel free to drop by to visit us!

Yes, the weather these few weeks easily made people sick, especially for babies and children. Chichi got high fever last few week after the 1 year old injection and also got some running nose these few days.

Adrian Daddy,

Really really appreciate your offer. I don't really think i can afford a L len at the moment coz' i want to reserve some fund for my wife new business.

mcben

p.s. Chichi's big head photo is back!

大宅

7#
發表於 04-7-30 11:19 |只看該作者

mcben,

Is there any discount if we buy any item at your wife's shop? say BK members... haha

Do you want to try 28-135 IS USM before you choose which one is your next choice?

別墅

8#
發表於 04-7-30 11:31 |只看該作者

Adrian Daddy,

Of course you and Dom can get discount from the shop. However, at the moment, we only have clothes for babies under 3 years old, and majority is babies underwear. Besides, girl will get more choice there.

I actually not in a hurry to get the len coz' i still keep the 24-85mm for my brother. However, since he will get it back anytime (as he got a 300D by now), so i started to do some window shopping for a stardard zoom len.

I guess there is not much choice for a budgeted standard zoom from Canon, either a 24-85mm USM or 28-105mm USM seems to fit my budget. A 28-135mm USM IS seems also really good but it is a bit off my budget. So i may still need to save more money for that. Besides, as i mentioned, i also want to spend a little bit for some studio lighting......

大宅

積分: 2122

9#
發表於 04-8-1 20:36 |只看該作者

you should try Sigma 18-125mm, compare with it's price, it is good.

大宅

10#
發表於 04-8-1 21:31 |只看該作者

In other site, I noted that few messages related to this topic (Simga 18-125 mm)... Someone expressed his view (用書法看攝影工具)

Quote from http://www.dcview.com.tw

我今天剛去比完書法比賽有很多話想說以下在論器材與藝術創作書法是中國流傳超過五千年的藝術,從烏龜殼開始就有(書法之源鍊字骨)
很多概念一千年前就被討論完了,底下用書法看攝影工具

1.大家都說「技術比較重要」也有同好看過有S50勝過300D的狀況
 但反問一句:工具豈有不重要之理?

2.大家如果看到名鏡配名機,卻拍的一屁股爛,大概都有很多苦水想吐或是想幹他一番。
 書法中有些女人仗著自己老公有錢,一支幾萬的『勞動最光榮』毛筆也照用
 PS:勞動最光榮,文革時期名筆
 看他寫字也是吐血的很,根本不懂用筆,但他懂用錢買好東西
 這社會本來就不公平,不公平的情緒在自己的心中
 是否蒙蔽了你原來公正的態度?
 他拿勞動最光榮,我拿四隻三百塊錢的大小蘭竹.......
 我有很多錢我也去搞隻勞動最光榮,但我目前只有繼續勞動才有光榮的可能
 別人怎樣,管他做啥?他相機好拍不好,也是他高興,也是他有錢, 你討厭他做啥?

3.藝術創作時工具是重要的一環,攝影之所以為攝影,是因為有相機的關係
 美感與工具是交互影響的,工具的演進也會帶動美感與欣賞角度的變革
 如果全然不思考工具,拿了毛筆當刷子用,那樣寫字叫刷字,不叫寫字
 自然於書法而言,永遠如同文學裡面的俏皮話,看看可以,老玩就沒意思

4.再論怎麼買才「省錢」並且能夠持續「進步」的工具
 有些東西買了才能練,就貴也要買
 紅星宣紙一張100,一買要買整刀,就是一萬,不買就練不到這種紙
 永遠不懂這種紙的用法,與墨韻,當你不捨得一萬時,你心裡想要某種墨韻
 你可能沒有這種紙就做不到
 更可能的是,因為你眼界從來沒開過,所以根本沒看過

這時候就要問大多的攝影同好:當你在論名鏡不需要時,你到底用過沒,看過沒
 你沒用過沒看過沒摸過,當你想要進行某樣創作時
 你能懂他能帶給你什麼效果?我看只能藉由其他人的表現來推測
 多數事情一定要自己做過以後才能瞭解

送大家書法裡面極重要的一句話,心手相師,當你的手不能給你的心更多常識時
 別想你的心會莫名其妙的一直突破,這是不可能的

5.非耗材卻天天用的東西,一次到底
 硯台一塊石頭,無雕工,光是好的歙硯就能賣個五萬十萬,發墨速度快,墨質
 能細能粗,貴是貴,不要摔到他永遠不會壞,這種東西,一次到底

近代人寫字用墨汁不磨墨,一個字「蠢」,玩藝術最忌「懶」與「躁」
 拿相機該用腳架卻不用,該背腳架卻懶得背,光是這個心念
 十年二十年後,就能讓你的照片少了某些執著與苦行的味道,對於
 新手當然看不出來,但是玩意術本來就是一玩就玩到死,做人要往遠方看

6.立定自己的主軸,然後旁門左道該玩就要去玩
 一些真的很爛的塑膠鏡頭相機(HOLGA),也很多人買來玩
 就是在開自己眼與手的經驗,也如上述一樣,該打開自己眼界

在書法中稱為:選定宗族,出入百家(這是比較老派的書法觀念)
 多數往山裡面鑽的山岳攝影師,偶而也該進棚裡面研究一下各種燈玩一玩也好

7.最後一個其他觀點,攝影不要去搶其他平面空間藝術的的路子
 他自己有自己路子,前一陣子看很多攝影展,非要把他搞的跟油畫一樣
 拼命搞畫面效果........
 我有碰到攝影師,我問他一句,你搞不搞油畫,他說他不搞
 他取抽象的精神..........云云.........
 抽象藝術本來就不屬於攝影,攝影的工具本身就不易抽象
 想搞抽象藝術,應該在精神上去搞,非在表現上去搞
 這在長遠來看都是愚蠢的行為

藝術品應當放在長遠眼光來鑑定
 我非常懷疑流行文化倒底掌握了多少真正的美感
 當你覺得流行音樂很好聽,但過了50年,丟給你孫子聽,他卻覺得一無是處時
 事實上你買的東西從創作理念開始就是醜陋
 一個藝術從業者不去探求人類永遠的美感,只知道賺這世的名聲與金錢
 他真的算藝術從業人嗎?還是只是商人?

大宅

11#
發表於 04-8-2 12:38 |只看該作者

該背腳架卻懶背,
該背鏡頭卻懶背.

:wink: I am a lazy bone.

大宅

12#
發表於 04-8-2 15:26 |只看該作者

me too! I bought it last year but never use it...

It seems that it's hard to bring too many items if you want to bring baby stuff...

由 dom 於 2004-08-02 12:38:12

該背腳架卻懶背,
該背鏡頭卻懶背.

I am a lazy bone.

別墅

13#
發表於 04-8-3 11:48 |只看該作者

Adrian Daddy,

The latest B/W photo of Adrian is really nice! Even though colour photos are more attractive especially taking photo for baby/children, the special feeling of b/w can not be resisted.

i never bring the 腳架 out even i got one. currently, i usually bring my 300D with 1 or 2 lens and a external flash. This already gave me enough weight.
even though i still enjoy taking photos with my baby with the 300D, i sometimes will think when i will give it up and just replace it with a small and handy DC.

首頁

尾頁

跳至