首頁

尾頁

民房

積分: 25

1#
發表於 04-4-19 12:41 |只看該作者

請為我BB嚴重濕疹祈禱- update 15 Jun 04

Dear brothers and sisters,

Please help pray for my 5 months old baby Christy. She is suffering from severe eczema since 2 months old. I wonder if any mothers here have the same experience. It really drains me both physically and mentally. I cannot stand watching her suffering from itchiness the whole day. She cries a lot when we prevent her from scratching. My heart aches to find the new wounds due to scratching.

Please pray that God will help us find the cause of the problem: food that she eats? lubricants? foreign irritants? We have tried a lot of things, but there are new flare ups after a short while.
Pray that God will direct us to the right remedy soon.
Pray also that we will be able to find a good helper at home soon. I am trying to employ a new maid now.

Thank you very much,
Jasmine

民房

積分: 26

2#
發表於 04-4-20 17:48 |只看該作者

Re: 請為我BB嚴重濕疹祈禱

願主祝福你!為你的bb祈禱!

洋房

積分: 128

3#
發表於 04-4-21 11:56 |只看該作者

Hi Jasmine,

Our daughter, Renee, also suffers from Eczema. She's 6 months old now, and usually worst during night time. She can't sleep at all, and me and my wife are very tired at night just to comfort her. We tried many cream from our family doctor but only help a bit. Because the steroid cream will thin out her skin, we only apply a very thin layer.

It helps to keep her skin moisturized all the time. Don't use any moisturizer with fragrance. Gently wet her skin first and keep her face wet, then apply a very thick layer of moisturizer on her face.

We use Glaxal Base cream and Eucerin cream, our doctor prescribed 1% Cortate cream. We put the Cortate cream 3 times a day, and maybe at least 5 times moisturizer per day.

If she accidentally cut her skin with her nails, use a bit of breast milk on the wound, wait until it dried then put cream on top of the wound.

We'll pray for Christy, please pray for Renee too. Thanks.
Renee 曉君 Born: Oct 17, 2003 New baby coming - May 9, 2006! :-D

民房

4#
發表於 04-4-30 08:03 |只看該作者

Dear Ney Chu,

Thank you for your prayer. I heard that cod liver oil may help BB's eczema, so I am ordering from US. Since you are in Canada and your BB is 6 months old now, you may try it.

I can fully understand the frustration and struggles. It really takes a lot of patience. Maybe this is the lesson that God wants us to learn. But we shall have faith in the Lord for He loves BB more than us and surely there is a purpose in his suffering and surely there will be hope.

Hope to encourage each other. When I find any improvement, I shall let each other know.

Thanks,
Jasmine

大宅

積分: 1012

5#
發表於 04-5-4 08:54 |只看該作者

我的bb Godwin之前也是有很嚴重的濕疹,
看見他真的很癢.不自在.藥膏用多了沒用,也不太好.
後來教會有人教我加餵豆奶粉,情況有改善,但一直沒有停止,
再有朋友建議不如全部餵豆奶粉,可能是他對乳糖敏感.
等他全部好起來再算.我試行了一個月,結果就慢慢好起來了,
皮膚變得又白又滑.....
現在漸漸轉用2號低敏奶粉,反應也可以.....
可以試試.
記得要吃純米糊,用他吃的奶開.不要買現成的奶米糊

洋房

積分: 236

6#
發表於 04-5-4 13:06 |只看該作者

呢排成日見到賣一隻非類固醇小兒濕疹剋星Protopic,
各位點睇?
click here

複式洋房

積分: 130

7#
發表於 04-5-4 13:23 |只看該作者

Have you tried any intake medicine which make the baby feel less itchy so that they won't scratch the skin?Doctor suggest to take this medicine rather than using the steriod cream.

洋房

積分: 128

8#
發表於 04-5-7 02:58 |只看該作者

Renee is getting a bit better lately. Temperature is warmer and we can turn off the central heating in our house. But she does scratch her face often and causes bleeding on her face (heart-broken).

There's somthing called "Benadryl", which is a form of Anti-histamine, can reduces any allegry or itchy feeling. But some infants, may actually feel excited after taken Benadryl and awake all night, as suppose to make them sleepy. This happened to my daughter, and she even scractched her face more. Do not use Benadryl cream, it never works and will create more redness.

For the Protopic, do NOT use for kids under 2 years of age.
Renee 曉君 Born: Oct 17, 2003 New baby coming - May 9, 2006! :-D

複式洋房

積分: 354

9#
發表於 04-5-7 17:54 |只看該作者

Jasmine,

I'm sorry to hear Christy's condition and I know exactly how frustrated and painful it is when your child has eczema. My son also got severe eczema last year. It started when he was 5 months' old and became very severe during the SARS period. During the worst time, we couldn't find a single inch of his skin that's not red. He even pulled out his hairs cos he was so itchy....it was really terrible and we had many tearful nights.

We also tried many ways to soothe him, even Chinese herbal medicine, but none of it really works until we see Prof. Chan. My son's condition has improved a lot, though we have extra works to do (e.g. wet wrapping) and need to be careful about his living environment and food.

Eczema is a tough disease to fight, and a long journey too...if you want to try my doctor, I can give you further information. He's a good doctor and quite famous. Of course I'll remember Christy, and all kids with eczema in my prayers.

God bless,
nokmom

民房

10#
發表於 04-5-10 09:22 |只看該作者

Dear Nokmom,

I would like to have the contact of the doctor. Maybe I have already gone to see her before. I had a skin test on Christy also. She is allergice to almost everything, including soya beans, so we have her changed to a very special formula, which is very costly, but did not help much.

I have a lot of pressure and still couldn't bear to see her reddened face and cries due to itchiness. Because I changed to a new job, so I cannot go on line very often now.

Thank you very much for all your prayers.

In our Lord,
Jasmine

民房

積分: 3

11#
發表於 04-5-10 09:25 |只看該作者

Hi Jasmine,

This is Angel... really sorry to hear that little Christry's eczema is still severe. we espectially prayed for Christy during fellowship last Sat. Believe Lord would help Christy with His healing hand!

how's Christy's condition now? i was told that the humidity affects the severeness of eczema too, and little Isaac's eczema did appear again last week. but the humidity is much lower now, hope she's getting well.

keep in touch!

May God bless you and your family,
Angel

複式洋房

積分: 354

12#
發表於 04-5-10 11:13 |只看該作者

Dear Jasmine,

I was told that skin test doesn't help much for small babies cos you'll almost find that the baby is allergic to everything. Also, you may find different results when the baby have the test again later.

Anyway, please check PM for the details of my doctor. He happened to write an article on eczema last Friday in "metro newspaper" (those available in KCR stations).

take care,
nokmom

民房

積分: 43

13#
發表於 04-5-25 00:14 |只看該作者

Dear Jasmine,

How's Christy now? Will keep praying for her.
I wonder if you believe in 中醫, in 中醫's saying, 濕疹results from 免疫系統 problem.
I know that 浸大中醫系院長 is the expert in 免疫系統, but I'm not sure if your daughter is too small to consult 中醫 or not.

Rebecca

民房

14#
發表於 04-5-31 11:17 |只看該作者

Hi Rebecca,

Thanks for your prayers. Christy is getting a bit better these few days. But her situation is still up and down. I believe in Chinease medicine, but I heard it is too young for babies to try and there is side effects also. I believe it is the weak immune system that causes the problem. I am trying out some natural food staff. It takes quite long to see the effects though.

Sorry I have not go on line for a while because I am both busy at work and at home.

Will definitely update you when there is an improvement.

Thanks again.

Love,
Jasmine

民房

15#
發表於 04-6-16 09:48 |只看該作者

Dear all,

Just want to update and thank you for your prayers. Christy is now 75% recovered. We have given her all natural remedies, and tried not to use medicines. Hope to share with you my method if any of you or your friends have the same problem because I understand how hard it is to cope with eczema, especially when you are determined not to rely on western medicine.

Thank you very much for your prayers again,
Jasmine

男爵府

積分: 7172

16#
發表於 04-6-21 01:25 |只看該作者

Re: 請為我BB嚴重濕疹祈禱- update 15 Jun 04

jasminewong,

Sorry ! 我o黎遲o左, 希望都可以幫到妳.
以下資料我係在"嬰兒醫護"內碰巧看到的,唔知妳有冇留意到.

Re: 黑蔗糖沖涼真係掂!
1) 不使過水,照平常咁抺返乾身就得。我就會如常幫 bb 搽返 d cream (愛麗她 - 之前睇濕疹醫生介紹的)。

2) 呢度的媽咪教用兩片,我怕 chi 立立,所以只用一片。放落大煲湯煲度,當然要事前洗到好乾淨,冇一滴油先啦。煲一大滿煲水,再攤返涷 - bk 的媽咪教,唔好溝生水,所以要就咁攤涷。如果一煲唔多夠,我會偷懶少少,響熱水壼度加熱水,或者用熱水爐最高溫加 d 水落去,總之就唔好就咁加水喉水。攤到溫度合適,就咁洗埋頭沖埋涼。

不使再加 bath oil ,除非果日bb 出過街好大汗。

d 片糖水黑黑地,睇落好似好容,我試過味,只係好少好少甜,幾乎食唔出咁滯。

我今日放假響屋企,自己幫 bb 沖涼,沖完摸下佢,真係好爽好滑,一 d 都冇 立。

3) 黒片糖我響 百 x 買,$6一包,啱啱好7 片。街邊雜貨舖都有得買,不過我就唔敢幫襯 - 你知啦,大陸咁多假野,博唔過。

我親愛的天父,
多謝您聽我們的祈求.
這裡有一位嬰孩,正需要您的大能來醫治她.
讓她遠離疾病,在您的保守下早日康復.
願您以慈愛的光,舒緩她的不適及安撫她及其家人.
願在您的帶領下,讓她及其家人得享健康及您的慈愛.
奉主耶穌基督聖名求,亞門!

放心好了,主會保守妳及妳的女兒啊!

民房

17#
發表於 04-6-21 11:33 |只看該作者

Re: 請為我BB嚴重濕疹祈禱- update 15 Jun 04

Dear ^^,

Thank you very much for your detailed instruction and prayer.

I have tried 黒片糖 a few times before, but not too effective. Maybe now that she is better, I can try again.

Thanks again.

Love in Chirst,
Jasmine

首頁

尾頁

跳至